In more than two decades of consolidated performance in Brazil’s visual art market, Referência Galeria de Arte brings to the federal capital some of the most important names in contemporary Brazilian art as well as releasing young talents through exhibitions such as “Novas Referências” (New References), “Ocupação Contemporânea” (Contemporary Occupation), “Feira Novos Eixos” (New Axes Fair), among others.
The gallery aims to introduce young artists from Brasilia and other cities into the visual arts market. Referência has participated in art fairs since 2008, presenting, in its booths, contemporary artists with a solid career, along with promising young artists, being very well received by collectors, curators and the general public visiting the fair.
Annually, executes about 5 solo and 5 collective exhibitions, which is possible due to the fact that the gallery has two exhibition rooms.
Exhibitions between 2017 and 2019:
• Christus Nóbrega, “Labirinto” (Labyrinth), curated by Cinara Barbosa, 2017
• David Almeida, Patrícia Furlong, Pedro Ivo e Virgílio Neto , “Conexão” (Connection), 2017
• Group Exhibition, “Os Fios e a Trama” (The Threads and The Weft ), curated by Márcio Tavares, 2017
• Diego Santos, Henrique Detomi, Pedro Gandra e Pitágoras, “Novas Referências” (New Referencies), 2017
• Rogério Ghomes, “Quando tudo deixar de ser” (When Everything Stops Being), curated by Fábio Luchiari, 2017
• Alice Lara, Carolina Vecchio, Clarice Gonçalves e Raquel Nava, “Vicejar” (Thrive), 2017
• Walter Goldfarb, “As Múltiplas Faces de Eros” (The Multiple Faces of Eros), text by Vanda Klabin, 2017
• Adriana Vignoli, “Verter” (Pour), curated by Cinara Barbosa, 2018
• José Roberto Bassul, “Rasurar Arquiteturas” (Erase Architectures), curated by Graça Ramos, 2018
• Elyeser Sturm, “Dobras” (Folds), 2018
• Helô Sanvoy, “Hiato” (Hiatus), text by Wagner Barja, 2018
• Evandro Soares, “Traço Expandido” curated by Mario Gioia, 2018
• Virgílio Neto, “Claro Enigma” (Clear Enigma), 2018
• Matias Mesquita, “Intempéries Permanentes”(Permanent Weather), curated by Cinara Barbosa, 2018
• Em Branco, “Ultramar” (Ultramarine), 2018
• Carlos Vergara, “Natureza Inventada” (Invented Nature), curated by Felipe Scovino, 2019
• Ralph Gehre, “Jogo de Simples” (Game of Simple), 2019
• Pedro Gandra, “Caminho para Lua” (Path to the Moon), curated by Marília Panitz, 2019
• Márcio Borsoi, “Imagens de um rio que não me pertencia” (Pictures of a river that didn’t belong to me), 2019
• Adriana Vignoli, Alice Lara, Bruna Neiva, Karina Dias, Luciana Paiva, Patrícia Bagniewsky, Raquel Nava, Yana Tamayo and Zuleika de Souza, “Linhas de Força – Superfície em transe” (Force Lines - Surfaces in trance), 2019
• Kazuo Okubo, 2019
• David Almeida, 2019
• André Santangelo, 2019
Referência Galeria keeps record of all its exhibitions producing folders with some pictures of the artist’s work, curatorial text and the artworks labels.
Onice Moraes de Oliveira
Paulo Moraes Rosildete de Oliveira