Thirteen artworks were donated in the fourth year of SP-Arte’s Donations Program to Brazilian public and private institutions. Works by artists Patrícia Osses, Marina Rheingantz and others were granted by Banco Espírito Santo, collector Cleusa Garfinkel, dealer Luisa Strina and Iguatemi São Paulo to to Museu de Arte Contemporânea da Universidade de São Paulo (MAC-USP), Museu de Arte Moderna de São Paulo (MAM-SP) and Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo.
Since 2008, SP-Arte promotes a program to encourage art donations to important public and private collections in the country, seeking to help develop their collections and increase the presence of local and international art production at these institutes.
Check out the oeuvres donated in 2011:
1) 2 em 1, by Jonathas de Andrade (Vermelho), donation by Iguatemi São Paulo to Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
2) Lenta é a luz da alma, by Saint Clair Cemin (Luciana Brito Galeria), donation by Iguatemi São Paulo to Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
3) O discípulo praticante, by Cinthia Marcelle (Vermelho), donation by Iguatemi São Paulo to Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
4, 5, 6, 7, 8) Fachada 1; Fachada 2; Fachada 3; Fachada 4; and Fachada 5, by Patrícia Osses (Galeria Leme), donation by Iguatemi São Paulo para o MAC-USP
9) Venetian Tour Scrapbook, by Rosângela Rennó (Vermelho), donation by Iguatemi São Paulo to MAC-USP
10) Batalha naval, by Cabelo (Galeria Marilia Razuk), donation by Cleusa Garfinkel to MAM-SP
11) Tempo suspenso de um estado provisório, by Marcelo Cidade (Vermelho), donation by Cleusa Garfinkel to MAM-SP
12) Pântano, by Marina Rheingantz (Galeria Fortes Vilaça), donation by Banco Espírito Santo to Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
13) Sem título (mesa alongada), by Edgard de Souza (Galeria Luisa Strina), donation by Luisa Strina to MAM-SP